Email Marketing is an engaging way to connect with your audience. Around 205 billion emails are sent out in a day worldwide. A multitude of messages are communicated through them out of which videos are considered one of the most effective ways of communicating with the target audience. Just by including the keyword ‘video’ in your email subject line, you can increase the open rate by about 6%
Email marketing has been around for quite some time now. You have lots of emails that fill up your inboxes on a daily basis like promotional email, Newsletters, and alert emails. The sheer quantum of emails a user receives might make one conclude that we are done with emails as a medium of communication especially considering the advent of DM (Direct message on social media platforms). Well, that’s not entirely true. An email with an appropriate visual appeal still sells. It all depends on who is sending and what is being sent. Time and again brands have found it very effective to send video content through emails. The bottom line remains that the audience loves watching videos. They are an effective way to deliver a piece of information that is entertaining, fun to watch and to understand.
Things to remember while using Videos for Email Marketing
1) Keep the video simple and interesting
2) Use creative thumbnails. This is the first impression you would be creating for the viewer. So ensure that it looks appealing and enticing.
3) Create a catchy subject line with Video as one of the keywords as mentioned earlier. This will help increase your open rate by up to 6%
4) Use a CTA (Call to action). Tell the viewer what needs to be done.
5) Land them on your page
6) Do Not use Autoplay i.e. do not set your videos to play as soon as they open your mail. That would only make the user think it’s spam and mark you as spam. Oops!! you have just lost a potential customer. Give them their privacy – let them choose to see the video. This will give you a chance to see if they open your mail next time you send one.
7) The file size matters. You don’t want to send a heavy file via email that would take a lot of bandwidth and time to download. This would only mean that the viewer will lose interest.
8) Analyse, Understand and Resend. Every time you send out an email check your open rate, click rate and learn from it so that your next mail can be better.
Advantages of Video Email Marketing
1) An effective and quick way of communication
2) Higher brand recall
3) Can become viral
4) Better ROI
Email marketing is one of the toughest marketing channels to crack and create sustainable impact. With a cluster of promotional emails flooding our inboxes, it is difficult to develop the most user relevant content and in this challenge, a well created video message can significantly improve the conversion of marketing efforts.